200 hrs holistic Yoga Teacher Training
Flow, Yin and so much more
8 weekends from January to April’20
with Dini Martinez
- 20 years of multi-disciplinary experience in body, mind and energy work.
Through the ancient teachings of yoga in all is aspects, gain a deeper understanding of self and others. That way, your teachings will flow effortless from an authentic space of deep transformation and personal experience.
In a nutshell
You will learn to properly perform and teach simple to advanced asanas, including specific groups such as backbends, inversions and balances. Alignment and adjustment skills will also come into play. In addition to learning about physiological anatomy of poses, we will also look into the subtle bodies, the chakras, pranayam, meditation, mantras, kryas and mudras. Moreover, we will dive into the history and philosophy of Yoga, including the eight-fold path, the Yoga Sutras and the Bhagavad Gita.
To further your repertoire and deepen your insight into the many facets of yoga, we will explore Ayurveda, Yin, Acro and partner yoga and pre- & post-natal yoga. Several guest teachers will deepen your knowledge in specific fields such as Iyengar, Ashtanga and Vinyasa Flow Yoga. With a solid understanding of the basics, you will be given the tools to develop your own unique style and sequences.
Whether you dream of teaching your own classes, or you want to simply deepen your own practice and understanding of yoga far and beyond what is possible in regular classes and occasional workshops, the intimate numbers of this course will make sure you get the attention you deserve to make the most out of the training, your dreams and your life.
Besides Dini Martinez, your lead facilitator (more info below), there will also be industry leaders and inspirational specialists visiting as guest teachers for specific topics such as pelvic floor, anatomy, chanting, Kundalini, Ashtanga and Iyengar yoga, voice projection and modern-age business and yoga. This course is not run through a massive institution where you are just a number, but in a tight-knit community yoga school in Woy Woy here on the beautiful Central Coast, in an intimate group setting allowing for growth and understanding in a safe and trusted circle. It is not a quick and fast money-tracking machine, but a potentially life changing journey. By the end of the three months immersion, you will not only walk away with your 200 hours teaching certificate, but also a new understanding of body, mind and soul; an even better version of yourself; a tool bag of how to live life to your fullest potential; a bunch of new friends; maybe a new career and much, much more that is hard to put into words.
This course will run over eight weekends with some assignments, practice and self-study in-between, as well as time to integrate the learnings. As part of the deal, you will also receive a Happy Hot Yoga pass for the duration of the course (plus an additional three months afterwards) to attend a minimum of three sessions a week. There will also be some extra transformational experience as part of the course in our endeavour to deepen the understanding of Soul, self and others, including kirtan, sacred ceremony, the practice of meta-kharma (loving kindness), Yoga Nidra, group sharings, healing circles and creative moments.
This 200 hour course aligns with Yoga Alliance’s standards for teacher trainings. It includes the following areas:
- Techniques, training and practice of yoga asanas in all (standing poses, balances, backbends, twists, floor poses, inversions). Going further, this will also include the form, benefits and contraindications of different pranayamas – powerful breathing techniques which lead to the influence of prana in your body-mind. Moreover, we will learn to first practice and then teach a variety of mudras (subtle energy gestures), bandhas (energy locks) and kryas (cleansing techniques). Meditation and mantras will also come into play. 100 hrs
- Teaching methodology and practice including plenty of opportunity to practice your teaching skills in one-to-one and private group settings and identify how to teach based on others’ learning style. 35 hrs
- Physiological and subtle Anatomy and Physiology, including studies of chakras and energy channels (nadis and meridians); meditations and mantras which balance these energy centres; the physical, astral and causal body and five related sheaths (koshas); yogi methods which purify each sheath; a better understanding of the metaphysical body; as well as variations for specific needs (eg pregnant, injuries, different ages…) and practically applying anatomy and physiology principles to yoga. 20 hrs
- Yoga history, philosophy, psychology, ethics and lifestyle, including Ayurveda – the world’s most ancient art of holistic healing of body, mind and spirit through realms of nutrition, self-massage, and many other practices, as well as yogic cleansing techniques such as neti, nauli, kapalabati and trataka, plus study and practice of the eight-fold yogic path. We will endeavour to increasingly apply all precepts (yamas and nymasa) of yoga into our daily lives, such as ahimsa (non-violence) and explore the concepts of dharma and karma, amongst others through ancient yogi texts like the Bhagavad Gita and Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras (see below list for study book requirements). Whilst most Westerners have been introduced to yoga through the physical practice of asanas, there are also other yogic pathways which we will learn about. 30 hrs
- Different styles of yoga will be explored through theory and practice, including Iyengar, Ashtanga, Yin Yoga, Acro and Partner Yoga, pre- & post-natal, Power Yoga, Vinyasa Flow, Meditation and what is nowadays referred to as Hatha Yoga. This will allow you to identify your dominant style, how to deepen it, how it fits in with other styles, and how to teach it. 15 hrs
Dini has been devoted to yoga for almost 20 years. She is an experienced Yoga teacher with over 2,000 teaching hours, Reiki practitioner, Ayurvedic consultant, passionate Tantrika, writer and retreat leader.
Combining many trainings and insights from different teachers over the years, she guides her own style of Vinyasa Flow and Yin Yoga from a deep place of authenticity. Yoga being a life-long journey where learning never stops, Dini continuously deepens her own knowledge and practice through specific courses like 10-day-silent yoga retreats, Yin immersions, Tantric trainings, Shamanic inversions, ISTA work, Anatomy workshops, as well as daily practice on and off the mat.
Through Yoga she has found a home inside which, growing up across many different countries, she never had in a geographic plane. Being a globetrotter and free-spirit, people around the world – including refugees and prisoners – have been impacted by her practice. Personally, yoga and tantra have made a huge impact on her life on all levels and she is passionate about sharing these ancient practices, effective tools and her multi-disciplinary skills with her students to tap into their greatest potential and help spread more Light and Lightness around the world.
What Past Trainees have to say
I first met Dini attending her yoga classes. I connected with her style straight away…she strikes a great balance between spiritual and playful.
I got to know her more as person doing my yoga teacher training. Under her guidance, I fell in love with yoga – she has an incredible breadth of knowledge. Not just about the technical practice on the mat, but also the philosophy and ethics. Dini completely embodies the yogi lifestyle and shares her ideas and experiences without judgement. Such an inspiring person!
If you are wondering whether or not you should take up teacher training with Dini – just do it! It’ll change your life! 🙌🙌🙌 (Angela Malkin)
I have been doing my yoga teacher training with Dini this year and have found her to be full of depth and knowledge and exceeds just yoga. i respect her so much as a teacher and soul.
The course has been very extensive in the theory and practical knowledge and experience we have received. Looking into many styles of yoga specifically Yin and Hatha (Vinyasa) but also had Iyengar and Ashtanga workshops with brilliant specialists in their field.
We have had workshops on Ayuveda, meditation, mudra, mantra and even an extensive anatomy workshop run by a trained physiotherapist, chiropractor, osteopath, Iyengar teacher and energy worker. I have found all of Dini’s work to be of exceptional quality and full of heart and highly recommend her classes for anyone who wants more then just a gym work out but depth and substance to every yoga class from a very beautiful human.
♡♡♡♡ (Lilly Grace Rose, 2019)
80% of past participants had casual or regular paid yoga teaching positions even before completing the full training. 100% of participants went through life-changing transformations. Upon request, Dini might be able to put you in touch with one or some of them if you are serious about wanting to engage in the training and would like to have a chat to them about their experience.
Eligibility and Application
If you are just after a quick and easy teaching certificate without the need to envisage lifestyle changes, this course is not for you. If you are seriously interested in deepening your understanding and practice of yoga, and open to a potentially life-changing journey, then please apply, whether you would like to teach down the track or not will become clearer as you continue on your yogic path. You will have the option, but most important is the work on ourselves. Only this makes us authentic teachers and flames in the journey of spreading the Light and Peace of Yoga to even the darkest corners of our psyche and this Earth.
To apply, please email Dini [at] SailingYogaFamily.com outlining your experience with yoga so far (on and off the mat) as well as your desire to commit to this teacher training. For questions email Dini or give her a call on 0420 799 640.
Early-bird Discount full pay of $4,249 by 10th Dec’19.
For more on pricing and location see below section ‘Location and Logistics’
- Bhagavad Gita
- Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika
- B.K.S. Iyengar’s Light on Yoga
Location and Logistics
In-Studio Location: Happy Hot Yoga Studio Woy Woy NSW
In-Studio 8 weekends (full Saturday and Sunday), from January to April 2020. Price includes an all-class pass at Happy Hot Yoga from January to July 2020!
Early-bird Discount full pay of $4,249 by 10th Dec’19.
Full Price of $4,499 for payments made thereafter.
Please get in touch with Dini first to apply/ make sure this training suits what you are looking for.
Probable contact weekends, 2020 in Woy Woy (TBC):
– dates subject to changes. If you have already pre-booked potential changes will be discussed with all trainees before being set.