200 hrs holistic Yoga Teacher Training
Flow, Yin and so much more
8 weekends from March to November’19
**With Dini Martinez – 20 years of multi-disciplinary experience in body/mind work**
Gain an insight into all aspects of yoga and grasp the opportunity to grow within yourself. That way, if you feel inclined to teach, it will come from a place of deep understanding and authenticity which will make you the best yogi and teacher you can be.
In a nutshell
You will learn to properly perform and teach simple to advanced asanas, including specific groups such as backbends, inversions and balances. Alignment and adjustment skills will also come into play. In addition to learning about physiological anatomy of poses, we will also look into the subtle bodies, the chakras, pranayam, meditation, mantras, kryas and mudras. Moreover, we will dive into the history and philosophy of Yoga, including the eight-fold path, the Yoga Sutras and the Bhagavad Gita.
To further your repertoire and deepen your insight into the many facets of yoga, we will also explore Ayurveda, Yin, Acro and partner yoga and pre- & post-natal yoga. Several guest teachers will deepen your knowledge in specific fields. We will explore different approaches, such as Iyengar, Ashtanga and Vinyasa Flow Yoga. With a solid understanding of the basics, you will be given the tools to develop your own unique style and sequences.
Whether you dream of teaching your own classes, or you want to simply deepen your own practice and understanding of yoga far and beyond what is possible in regular classes and occasional workshops, the intimate numbers of this course will make sure you get the attention you deserve to make the most out of the training, your dreams and your life.
Besides Dini Martinez, your lead facilitator (more info below), there will also be industry leaders, inspirational specialists visiting as guest teachers for specific topics such as acro yoga, chanting, and modern-age business and yoga. This course is not run through a massive institution where you are just a number, but in a tight-knit community yoga school in WoyWoy here on the beautiful Central Coast, in an intimate group setting allowing for growth and understanding in a safe and trusted circle. It is not a quick and fast money-tracking machine, but a potentially life changing journey. By the end of the year, you will not only walk away with your 200 hours teaching certificate, but also a new understanding of body, mind and soul; an even better version of yourself; a tool bag of how to live life to your fullest potential; a bunch of new friends; maybe a new career and much, much more.
This course will run over eight weekends with assignments, practice and self-study in-between, as well as time to integrate the learnings. As part of the deal, you will also receive a Happy Hot Yoga pass for the duration of the course to attend a minimum of two sessions a week – one with Dini, one with any other of Happy Hot Yoga’s awesome yoga instructors. Some of the Saturday evenings of our weekends together will offer a transformational experience as part of the course and our endeavour to deepen the understanding of self, including kirtan, sacred ceremony, the practice of meta-kharma (loving kindness), Yoga Nidra, group sharings, healing circles and creative moments.
This 200 hour course aligns with Yoga Alliance’s standards for teacher trainings. It includes up to 90 percent contact hours across the following areas:
- Techniques, training and practice of yoga asanas in all five areas (standing poses, forward bends, backbends, twists, and inversions). Going further, this will also include the form, benefits and contraindications of different pranayamas – powerful breathing techniques which lead to the influence of prana in your body-mind. Moreover, we will learn to first practice and then teach a variety of mudras (subtle energy gestures), bandhas (energy locks) and kryas (cleansing techniques). Meditation and mantras will also come into play. 100 hrs
- Teaching methodology and practice including plenty of opportunity to practice your teaching skills in one-to-one and private group settings and identify how to teach based on others’ learning style. 35 hrs
- Physiological and subtle Anatomy and Physiology, including studies of chakras and energy channels (nadis and meridians); meditations and mantras which balance these energy centres; the physical, astral and causal body and five related sheaths (koshas); yogi methods which purify each sheath; as well as variations for specific needs (eg pregnant, injuries, different ages…) and practically applying anatomy and physiology principles to yoga. 20 hrs
- Yoga history, philosophy, psychology, ethics and lifestyle, including Ayurveda – the world’s most ancient art of holistic healing of body, mind and spirit through realms of nutrition, self-massage, and many other practices, as well as yogic cleansing techniques such as neti, nauli, kapalabati and trataka, plus study and practice of the eight-fold yogic path. We will endeavour to increasing apply all precepts (yamas and nymasa) of yoga into our daily lives, such as ahimsa (non-violence) and explore the concepts of dharma and karma, amongst others through ancient yogi texts like the Bhagavad Gita and Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras (see below list for study book requirements). Whilst most Westerners have been introduced to yoga through the physical practice of asanas, there are also other yogic pathways which we will learn about. 30 hrs
- Different styles of yoga will be explored through theory and practice, including Iyengar, Ashtanga, Yin Yoga, Acro and Partner Yoga, pre- & post-natal, Power Yoga, Vinyasa Flow, Meditation and what is nowadays referred to as Hatha Yoga. This will allow you to identify your dominant style, how to deepen it, how it fits in with other styles, and how to teach it. 15 hrs
Dini has been devoted to yoga for almost 20 years. She is an experienced Yoga teacher with over 2,000 teaching hours, Reiki practitioner, Ayurvedic consultant, writer and retreat leader. Combining many trainings and insights from different teachers over the years, she teaches her own style of Vinyasa Flow and Yin Yoga from a deep place of authenticity. Yoga being a life-long journey where learning never stops, Dini continuously deepens her own knowledge and practice through specific courses like 10-day-silent yoga retreats, Yin immersions, Anatomy workshops, as well as daily practice on and off the mat.
Through Yoga she has found a home inside which, growing up across many different countries, she never had in a geographic plane. Being a globetrotter and free-spirit, people around the world – including refugees and prisoners – have been impacted by her practice. Personally, yoga has made a huge impact on her life on all levels and she is passionate about sharing this ancient practice, effective tool and her multi-disciplinary skills with her students to tap into their greatest potential and help spread the Light of Yoga around the world.
Eligibility and Application
If you are just after a quick and easy teaching certificate without the need to envisage lifestyle changes, this course is not for you. If you are seriously interested in deepening your understanding and practice of yoga, and open to a potentially life-changing experience, then please apply, whether you would like to teach down the track or not will become clearer as you continue on your yogi path. You will have the option, but most important is the work on ourselves. Only this makes us authentic teachers and flames in the journey of spreading the Light and Peace of Yoga to even the darkest corners of this Earth.
To apply, please email Dini [at] SailingYogaFamily.com outlining your experience with yoga so far (on and off the mat) as well as your desire to commit to this teacher training. For questions email Dini or give her a call on 0420 799 640.
Earlybird Discount $3,999 by 24th December 2018
For more on pricing and location see below section ‘Location and Logistics’
Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras
Hatha Yoga Pradipika
B.K.S. Iyengar’s Light on Yoga
Key Muscles of Yoga – Your guide to functional Anatomy in Yoga (Ray Long)
Location and Logistics
In-Studio Location: Happy Hot Yoga Studio Woy Woy NSW
In-Studio 8 weekends (full Saturday and Sunday), from March to November 2019. 90% contact hours. Price includes an all-class pass at Happy Hot Yoga for the duration of the training!
Earlybird Discount full pay of $3,999 by 24th December 2018
Full Price $4,499 after 24th December 2018
Contact hour weekends, 2019 in WoyWoy:
– dates subject to minor changes.